Pages

Sunday 18 November 2012

Eagles Eye


I see, as from, an Eagles eye,

 Looking down,  over a barren land.

The ground, caked, cracked clay.

A fine red dust, crumbling.

I see, the lonely, silhouette,

Of a burnt stump,

That once was a tree.

Like a clasping claw, grasping.

I see, A smouldering, boulder,

Heat rising, like a mirage,

Of toxic gas,  bubbling.

I see, the crumbling ruins, falling in heaps,

Hazy dust, settling, into piles,

Where once, life, thrived.

Now desolate and alone,

No-one there.

I feel a tear, forming, in my the corner of my eye.

An acid, drop, stinging.

 It falls, softly, but fades, before hitting the parched, soil.

My nostrils, and throat, constrict,

Burning, the acrid smell,

 Fumes, stifling, my breathe.

This once, beautiful gem, now a dieing stone. ~ SeaOpal 2012

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment